Kafka >> mail # user >> How far off is branch 0.8 to -0.8.0-beta1-candidate1? Is branch 0.8 stable enough to be used in production?

Re: How far off is branch 0.8 to -0.8.0-beta1-candidate1? Is branch 0.8 stable enough to be used in production?
I've been building the 0.8 branch and running tests in a semi-production environment and haven't had any troubles yet.

I had one problem resulting from KAFKA-1046 where the Annotations*.scala files all were loaded by our custom build system, resulting in duplicate class declarations.  We had to remove the files for the Scala versions we weren't using in order to build properly.

We aren't using sbt though, so its possible sbt somehow avoids this problem.