Kafka >> mail # user >> who is using kafka to stare large messages?

+
S Ahmed 2013-10-07, 14:45
Re: who is using kafka to stare large messages?
At LinkedIn, our message size can be 10s of KB. This is mostly because we
batch a set of messages and send them as a single compressed message.

Thanks,

Jun
On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 7:44 AM, S Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When people using message queues, the message size is usually pretty small.
>
> I want to know who out there is using kafka with larger payload sizes?
>
> In the configuration, the maximum message size by default is set to 1
> megabyte (
> message.max.bytes1000000)
>
> My message sizes will be probably be around 20-50 KB but to me that is
> large for a message payload so I'm wondering what effects that will have
> with kafka.

+
S Ahmed 2013-10-07, 16:10
+