Kafka >> mail # dev >> metadata request/response question

+
Dave Peterson 2013-06-12, 21:24
Re: metadata request/response question
Since you send it a Topic that does not exist, it sends you a blank list of
brokers. So extending it, I suppose, would  mean that it would send only
those brokers that contain data.
Regards
Milind

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Dave Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Suppose I send a metadata request for a single topic or some small
> subset of the entire set of available topics.  Will the response contain
> broker information for all brokers, or just brokers that contain data for
> at least one of the requested topics?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave

+