Kafka, mail # user - Re: Transactional writing - 2013-03-28, 15:23

Re: Transactional writing
Jonathan,

With a single writer, the producer can achieve exact once write. If a send
request fails, the producer first checks the end of the log to see if the
previous write succeeded or not. The producer will only resend if the
previous write fails.

To do this, the producer needs the offset of appended messages. In 0.8,
such offsets are not returned in our high level producer API yet. We plan
to extend our producer API post 0.8 to expose this information.

Thanks,

Jun