Kafka, mail # user - Re: log file flushing, flushall on clean shutdown... - 2013-03-28, 15:12

Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-28, 07:39
+
SuoNayi 2013-03-28, 08:47
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-28, 13:45
Re: log file flushing, flushall on clean shutdown...
Hi Neha,

I enabled TRACE logging on the producer, and verified that it
successfully wrote out the bytes to the server (but this was after the
last log flush on the server, where trace logging was also enabled).

I'm quite certain that the server is receiving the lost data, and then
shutting down, before flushing the last few log lines received.

It would seem to be an easy fix to update KafkaServer.shutdown, to
close all sockets, then do one final log flush that doesn't wait for
the flush interval, and then close down.

Jason