Kafka >> mail # user >> Ganglia Metrics Reporter

Ganglia Metrics Reporter
Hi all,

Since I couldn't find any other way to publish kafka metrics to ganglia
from kafka 0.8 (beta), I just published on github a super-simple ganglia
metrics reporter for Kafka. It is configurable through the kafka config
file and you can use it on the broker side and on your consumers/producers.
There is also a feature to exclude some metrics with a regex (useful if you
have many topics/partions).

Here it is on github: https://github.com/criteo/kafka-ganglia

Let me know if you have issues/questions. This is using metrics-ganglia
2.2.0 directly so it is not a ganglia plugin but rather a kafka "add-on".

I don't know the proper way to distribute this yet for installation on
brokers, it could also be part of some contrib kafka code.

Cheers,
Maxime