Kafka, mail # user - Re: Is there a way to pull out kafka metadata from zookeeper? - 2013-10-11, 21:39

hsy541@... 2013-10-11, 05:50
+
Jun Rao 2013-10-11, 15:19
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-10-11, 16:13
+
hsy541@... 2013-10-11, 18:31
Re: Is there a way to pull out kafka metadata from zookeeper?
topic/replica I have to specify those 20 brokers and go over all of them to
know which broker is alive. And even worse how about I dynamically add new
broker into the cluster and remove the old one

TopicMetadataRequest is a batch API and you can get metadata information
for either a list of all topics or all topics in the cluster, if you
specify an empty list of topics. Adding a broker is not a problem since the
metadata request also returns the list of brokers in a cluster. The reason
this is better than reading from zookeeper is because the same operation
would require multiple zookeeper roundtrips, instead of a single
TopicMetadataRequest roundtrip to some kafka broker.

Thanks,
Neha