Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka 0.8.0 in maven

Kafka 0.8.0 in maven
I am using:
   <dependency>
                    <groupId>org.apache.kafka</groupId>
            <artifactId>kafka_2.9.2</artifactId>
            <version>0.8.0-beta1</version>
        </dependency>

I am trying to rebuild iron-count
https://github.com/edwardcapriolo/IronCount/tree/iron-ng
against kafka 0.8.0

I am having considerable issues getting tests to run correctly.

If you run this example

https://github.com/buildlackey/cep/blob/master/kafka-0.8.x/src/main/java/TestKafkaProducer.java

I am writing 2000 messages into a producer..the consumer seems to read 1200
messages or so ...then it never gets any of the rest.

So am I just messing something up or is this release still having the kinks
worked out?

+
Chris Bedford 2013-11-05, 04:08
+