Kafka >> mail # user >> Running Kafka 0.7 and 0.8 parallel

Running Kafka 0.7 and 0.8 parallel
Hi guys,

Is it possible to have both 0.7 and 0.8 clients running within same process
? We would like to migrate to 0.8 only some of the topics initially so we
would need some consumers to have connection to both clusters. I remember a
mention of migration tool that consumes from 0.7 and produces to 0.8 but my
question is  whether consumer libraries from these 2 versions could coexist.

Thanks,
Michal

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-07-12, 23:48