Kafka >> mail # dev >> kafka 0.8 vs. scala 2.9.2

+
Jane Wang 2013-01-14, 21:22
Re: kafka 0.8 vs. scala 2.9.2
Jane,

I changed the version of scala in project/build.properties to 2.9.2 and did
a ./sbt clean update package. It seems to build and run fine for me.

I would check the classpath to see if there are conflicting versions of
scala.

Thanks,
Neha
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 1:22 PM, Jane Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I need to use some of the newly added functions of kafka 0.8. However, in
> our system,
> we support scala 2.9.2. I build my code together kafka 0.8 and scala 2.9.2
> and I got alot
> of runtime issues, one of them is:
> scala/Tuple2$mcLL$sp
> at kafka.producer.ProducerConfig.<init>(ProducerConfig.scala:29)
>
> I google searched and it seems there are also some people complaining about
> the same
> issue but no real solution to it.
>
> Is kafka 0.8 compatible with scala 2.9.2? Can kafka 0.8 provide a build
> with scal 2.9.2?
>
> thanks,
> Jane

+