Kafka, mail # user - Re: JMXTrans not sending kafka 0.8 metrics to Ganglia - 2013-11-05, 06:00

Re: JMXTrans not sending kafka 0.8 metrics to Ganglia
Paul,
Thank you! I didn't realize the quotes are important to keep.
I have question on name=\"*\""

For the type=ReplicaManager, there are at least 4 Mbean names
"kafka.server":name="PartitionCount",type="ReplicaManager"
"kafka.server":name="LeaderCount",type="ReplicaManager"

"kafka.server":name="ISRShrinksPerSec",type="ReplicaManager"
"kafka.server":name="ISRExpandsPerSec",type="ReplicaManager"

In ganglia metrics dropdown, I only see 4 elements as configured above i.e.

ReplicaManager.Count
ReplicaManager.OneMinuteRate
ReplicaManager.MeanRate
ReplicaManager.Value

Then, how can one tell if for e.g. Value pertains to LeaderCount or
PartitionCount?
Even though it is laborious, isn't it good idea to explicitly specify the
name?

Thanks,
Priya