Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: questions about ISR

+
Jun Rao 2013-08-24, 03:41
Re: questions about ISR
That's right. You shouldn't need to restart the whole cluster for a broker
to rejoin ISR. Do you see many ZK session expirations in the brokers
(search for "(Expired)"? If so, you may need to tune the GC on the broker.

Thanks,

Jun
On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 7:11 AM, Yu, Libo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Jun,
>
> Could you confirm the following?
> So after a broker is out of ISR, the only way to let it go back is to
> restart it.
>
> We should set replica.lag.time.max.ms and replica.lag.max.messages  as
> large as possible to avoid a broker fall outside of ISR.
>
> What we have experienced is that when a broker is out of ISR frequently
> we need to restart the whole cluster to make it back. That is a blocking
> issue
> for us.
>

> Regards,
>
> Libo