Kafka, mail # user - Producer Send error

+
zayeem 2013-03-01, 00:54
Re: Producer Send error
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-01, 03:44
Do you see this error on Kafka 0.7.2 or 0.8 ? I think this error message is
very unclear, filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-778 to fix
it.

Thanks,
Neha
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 4:53 PM, zayeem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When trying to create a topic and sending a test payload results in the
> following error message.
>
> ERROR [main][kafka.producer.async.DefaultEventHandler] Failed to collate
> messages by topic, partition due to
> kafka.common.NoBrokersForPartitionException: Partition key = null
> at
>
> kafka.producer.async.DefaultEventHandler.kafka$producer$async$DefaultEventHandler$$getPartitionListForTopic(DefaultEventHandler.scala:189)
>  at
>
> kafka.producer.async.DefaultEventHandler$$anonfun$partitionAndCollate$1.apply(DefaultEventHandler.scala:148)
> at
>
> kafka.producer.async.DefaultEventHandler$$anonfun$partitionAndCollate$1.apply(DefaultEventHandler.scala:147)
>  at
>
> scala.collection.mutable.ResizableArray$class.foreach(ResizableArray.scala:60)
> at scala.collection.mutable.ArrayBuffer.foreach(ArrayBuffer.scala:47)
>  at
>
> kafka.producer.async.DefaultEventHandler.partitionAndCollate(DefaultEventHandler.scala:147)
> at
>
> kafka.producer.async.DefaultEventHandler.dispatchSerializedData(DefaultEventHandler.scala:93)
>  at
>
> kafka.producer.async.DefaultEventHandler.handle(DefaultEventHandler.scala:72)
> at kafka.producer.Producer.send(Producer.scala:76)
>  at kafka.javaapi.producer.Producer.send(Producer.scala:41)
> at
>
> org.springframework.integration.kafka.core.KafkaAdapterExecutor.sendMessages(KafkaAdapterExecutor.java:132)
>
> Are there steps that i am missing after creation of the topic?
>
> Regards
> Zayeem

+
zayeem 2013-03-01, 04:55