Kafka, mail # user - Re: Metrics: via Broker vs. Producer vs. Consumer - 2013-07-25, 09:35

Otis Gospodnetic 2013-07-24, 14:29
+
Jay Kreps 2013-07-24, 15:22
+
Scott Clasen 2013-07-24, 16:25
+
Otis Gospodnetic 2013-07-24, 17:04
+
Jay Kreps 2013-07-24, 23:07
Re: Metrics: via Broker vs. Producer vs. Consumer
Hi,

Oh, I know about Yammer metrics, Ganglia, Graphite, and friends....

My main Q was: can I get all Consumer and all Producer stats via Broker's JMX.  I think the answer is no :(
So I'm forced to look at the JMX of individual applications that act as Kafka Consumers or Producers.

Btw. this is for SPM -  http://sematext.com/spm - support for monitoring Kafka should be in the early August release.

As a matter of fact, there is an SPM Reporter from Yammer metrics, so people should be able to get their Kafka 0.8 metrics graphed as custom metrics in SPM already.

Thanks for the patience and the info, Jay!

Otis
Performance Monitoring for Solr / ElasticSearch / HBase / Hadoop - http://sematext.com/spm

+
Jun Rao 2013-07-26, 05:11