Kafka >> mail # user >> [0.8] Can Kafka producer discover nodes from Zookeeper?

+
Haithem Jarraya 2013-08-02, 15:24
Re: [0.8] Can Kafka producer discover nodes from Zookeeper?
Kafka producers identify brokers registered in ZK through a getMetadata
request to one of the brokers, not through ZK directly.

Two Kafka clusters can share the same ZK cluster, as long as they use
different ZK namespace.

Thanks,

Jun
On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Haithem Jarraya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Kafka, and I am a bit confused for this particular use case.
> We are running a global Zookeeper cluster and I was wondering how I can
> have my Kafka producer discover Kafka hostnames?
> I saw that in the server.properties I can specify host.name and at that
> point I will be able to see the list of hostnames in zookeeper
> /brokers/ids/ so I can have my producer connect to zookeeper and resolve
> Kafka hostnames.
> Are there any other solutions?
> Also, Can we have two separate Kafka Clusters using the same Zookeeper
> cluster? Just to make sure that we do not collide with other teams. I guess
> not given that the zookeeper path is hard coded. Am I wrong?
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Haithem

+
Chris Hogue 2013-08-02, 15:59