Kafka >> mail # user >> Local forwarder for performance & reliability

Re: Local forwarder for performance & reliability
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> Have you tried configuring the num.retries option on the log4j producer ?
> When there is a temporary network glitch, it will retry sending the
> messages instead of losing them.

Memory is limited and this is our concern. (We are sending in a quite high rate)
We want to search for a more flexible solution like sync to local disk
and have other process do the retry.
Thanks.