Kafka >> mail # user >> Plan for Scala 2.10+ support

+
Abhinav Anand 2013-10-30, 03:29
+
Aniket Bhatnagar 2013-10-30, 03:33
+
chetan conikee 2013-10-30, 03:38
Re: Plan for Scala 2.10+ support
I haven't been able to find one which we why had to build Kafka 0.8 from
source. It's not super hard though to build Kafka.
On 30 October 2013 09:07, chetan conikee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are there any public maven repos hosting 0.8 with 2.10+ support.?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 29, 2013, at 8:32 PM, Aniket Bhatnagar <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > The latest 0.8 branch has support for scala 2.10. We use it in our
> > projects. Once 0.8 is released, I believe you should be able to see 2.10
> > artifacts in maven repository. Are you using 0.7 or 0.8?
> >

> >> On 30 October 2013 08:58, Abhinav Anand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>  We are building pub-sub applications over kafka in our company. Some of
> >> our packages have been build on Scala 2.10+. Though only Kafka_2.9.2 is
> >> available on maven repository. Kafka_2.9.2 uses some deprecated scala
> >> classes (viz. ClassManifest), which causes runtime exception for our
> >> application.
> >>
> >> We are currently maintaining our own repository of Kafka build over
> >> scala_2.10. Though we wanted to open-source our system and wanted to
> check
> >> if there is any plan for Kafka_2.10 getting pushed to maven or apache
> >> repository ??
> >>
> >> --
> >> Abhinav Anand

+