Kafka >> mail # dev >> zkclient dies after UnknownHostException in zk reconnect

Re: zkclient dies after UnknownHostException in zk reconnect
> node loss. Did the Kafka consumer not respond to rebalance events or did
> the server not respond to state change events ? Also, ephemeral nodes are
> lost only when sessions are expired on the zookeeper server or if clients
> close the session actively, how does losing connection lead to ephemeral
> node loss?

My understanding of Anatoly's observation is that on session
expiration, zkclient will reconnect
(https://github.com/sgroschupf/zkclient/blob/master/src/main/java/org/I0Itec/zkclient/ZkClient.java#L458)
but if the connect causes an IOException, that would effectively mean
that the session will not get re-established. Anatoly, can you
confirm?