Kafka >> mail # user >> Limit on number of Kafka Topic

+
Suyog Rao 2013-03-27, 06:52
+
Jun Rao 2013-03-27, 15:33
Re: Limit on number of Kafka Topic
Just curious - I don't see any limit in the # of topics that you can
have in a Kafka cluster.

So in principle, you could have as many topics as you want, so long as
your hardware can keep up, right?

Jason

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At LinkedIn, our largest cluster has more than 2K topics. 5K topics should
> be fine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
>
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 11:52 PM, Suyog Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Wanted to check if there is any known limit on the # of topics in a Kafka
>> cluster? I wanted to design a system which has say 5k topics and
>> multi-threaded consumers reading messages from these topics. Does anyone
>> have experience with such large topic size? I see in Kafka's page a test
>> for throughput w.r.t. to topic size, but the max topic size is 50.
>>
>> Thanks

+
Jun Rao 2013-03-27, 16:14
+