Kafka, mail # user - Problem when follows the "chapter 1.3 quick start" in kafka documentation

Re: Problem when follows the "chapter 1.3 quick start" in kafka documentation
Guozhang Wang 2013-10-10, 23:57
Hello,

Could you try to check your zookeeper log to see if the topic has been
successfully created and the broker has been selected by the controller to
be the leader of this topic? The log entry should be something like

Broker %d handling LeaderAndIsr request correlation id ...

BTW from your logs the server only successfully elect as the controller in
06:30 while the producer's exceptions are in 06:13, so could you check in
the kafka-controller log to see if the server elected itself as the
controller before 06:13? The log entry should be something like

Broker %d starting become controller state transition ...

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang