Kafka, mail # user - Leader = -1 is coming when broker goes down

Re: Leader = -1 is coming when broker goes down
Neha Narkhede 2013-10-22, 14:10
You have picked replication factor of 1, so when you bring down the only
replica which can be the leader, it cannot be moved elsewhere. So we set it
to -1.

Thanks,
Neha