Kafka, mail # user - no logs received when a broker restart after clearing its logs

no logs received when a broker restart after clearing its logs
Helin Xiang 2013-04-17, 10:08
Hi, we are using kafka 0.7.2

We start 2 brokers, and running for a while. After that, we shut 1 broker
down, remove its data directory, and restart it. But the broker won't
receive any logs.
We checked the zookeeper, finding that old topic contain only 1 broker id.
After that, we manually make some directories with names of old topics
under the data directory.
We restart the broker this time, and find it's ok to receive logs of those
topics.

Could it possibly be a  bug or does it have to behave like this for some
reason we don't know?

THANKS

--
*Best Regards