Kafka, mail # dev - Re: About kafka 0.8 producer zookeeper-based load balancing on per-request basis

+
Jun Rao 2013-01-15, 05:53
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-01-15, 05:59
Re: About kafka 0.8 producer zookeeper-based load balancing on per-request basis
Jun Rao 2013-01-15, 15:07
All apis for 0.8 are documented in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/A+Guide+To+The+Kafka+Protocol

However, there is no need for a producer to call the metadata api directly.
Our producer client does this for you automatically.

For your first question, if a new broker is added, currently we don't move
data to it automatically. One has to run an admin
command ReassignPartitionsCommand to balance the data.

For your second question, yes, you need at least one broker in broker.list
to be alive. Another option is to use a vip in broker.list. That way, you
can change the list of brokers associated with  the vip without
reconfiguring the clients.

The primary reason for removing ZK from the producer is to make it easy to
write non-java clients.

Thanks,

Jun

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:28 PM, Jun Guo -X (jungu - CIIC at Cisco) <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> CIIC at Cisco

+
Chris Riccomini 2013-01-15, 19:26