Kafka >> mail # user >> Best practices for changing partition numbers

Re: Best practices for changing partition numbers
If you don't have a lot of topics, one thing you can do is to
over-partition a topic.

Also, in 0.7, # of partitions grows with brokers. This is going to change
in 0.8, in which # of partitions is specified at topic creation time and
won't change as brokers change. One needs to use an admin DDL to change #
of partitions.

Thanks,

Jun