Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: consumer question

+
Philip OToole 2013-08-23, 15:15
+
Bo Sun 2013-01-17, 06:10
+
Jun Rao 2013-01-17, 15:26
+
Bo Sun 2013-01-21, 02:23
+
Jun Rao 2013-01-21, 06:13
+
Bo Sun 2013-01-21, 10:56
Re: Consumer Question
Normally it shouldn't. If the problem shows up again, I suggest that you
use the ConsumerOffsetChecker tool to see if the consumer is indeed lagging.

Thanks,

Jun

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:56 AM, Bo Sun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> it's not any exceptions. i found sth.today, "several days later " ,  it's
> no data to produce to kafka.  but after several days . kafka get the new
> data. but cannot consume anything .   is that ( no data days ) couse the
> problem?
>
> Thanks Eric
>
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > When the consumption stops in GroupA, were there any error/exception in
> the
> > consumer logic?
> >
> > One common cause for a consumer to stop is that the application code hits
> > an exception while consuming an event. In particular, if you are using
> java
> > thread pool and haven't attached an exception handler, those exceptions
> > will be eaten and you won't see them in the application log. The solution
> > is to add a try/catch clause in the application code to log all
> Throwables.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jun
> >

> > On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM, Bo Sun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "topicA" .
> > > "topicA".
> from
> > > the