Kafka >> mail # user >> one producer and 2 consumers

+
Oleg Ruchovets 2013-04-21, 07:37
+
Philip OToole 2013-04-21, 15:30
Re: one producer and 2 consumers
Hi Philip.
   Does it mean to store the same data twice - each time to different
partition? I tried to save data only one time. Using two partitions means
to store data twice?
By the way I am using  kafka 0.7.2.

Thanks
Oleg.
On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Philip O'Toole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Read the design doc on the Kafka site.
>
> The short answer is to use two partitions for your topic.
>
> Philip
>
> On Apr 21, 2013, at 12:37 AM, Oleg Ruchovets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >   I have one producer for kafka and have 2 consumers.
> > I want to consume produced events to hdfs and storm. Copy to hdfs I will
> do
> > every hour but to storm every 10 seconds.
> >
> > Question: Is it supported by kafka? Where can I read how to organize 1
> > producer and 2 consumers?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Oleg.

+