Kafka, mail # dev - Re: Helping out - 2013-06-24, 16:42

Re: Helping out
Hey Sam,

That's great. I would be happy to act as a point of contact if any
questions come up or you need a reviewer for patches.

We haven't had an official discussion of roadmap but trunk already has
support for keyed messages and log compaction and a cleanup of the log
code. I think the goal would be to make this release as small and
quick as possible with any bigger disruptive features going into 0.9.
Here are some ideas of things that I think would fit well:
1. Any good housekeeping issues. 0.8 was a pretty major rewrite and
getting that done and stable required ignoring a lot of basic issues
that impact the out-of-the-box experience---good errors,
documentation, logging, etc. We haven't filed a lot of JIRAs for this,
but anything you see that falls under this umbrella would be a good
target. Doing a few of these is often a good way to learn the code
2. Quotas. Jonathan had proposed working on this, but I don't think he
ever got the time. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-656
3. Phase 2 of this wiki:

Folks--any other ideas?