Kafka >> mail # user >> Consumer Ordering

+
Tom Amon 2014-03-21, 08:05
+
Jun Rao 2014-03-21, 14:55
Re: Consumer Ordering
I think we figured this out. It looks like the consumption of partitions is
wildly unpredictable. We see a single partition being consumed almost
halfway before switching to another partition for consumption. This causes
us to read messages from a range of dates out of order.

Interesting at least. Thanks for your help.
It may be hard to reason about ordering across 1400 partitions. Could you
use the SimpleConsumerShell to consume messages from 1 partition and see if
messages are ordered?

Thanks,

Jun