Kafka >> mail # dev >> KafkaStream, ConsumerConnector, and 0.8

+
David Arthur 2013-01-22, 15:51
Re: KafkaStream, ConsumerConnector, and 0.8
> As such, I'm wondering what the fate of ZookeeperConsumerConnector is.
> Will it continue to be supported, or will it be replaced by a non-ZK
> implementation (one that uses SimpleConsumer maybe?).
We've been collecting feedback on a client re-design proposal for Kafka
0.9. Feel free to add comments on the wikis.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Client+Re-Design

Server side consumer co-ordination -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Detailed+Consumer+Coordinator+Design

Thanks,