Kafka >> mail # user >> A (nginx_module/Perl) Producer that writes to a Kafka Cluster with Replication

+
Tobias Feldhaus 2012-12-19, 10:03
Re: A (nginx_module/Perl) Producer that writes to a Kafka Cluster with Replication
In 0.8, the producer protocol has changed a bit and we don't have a perl
implementation yet. The following wiki is intended for people to build
producers in languages other than java.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/A+Guide+To+The+Kafka+Protocol

Thanks,

Jun

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM, Tobias Feldhaus
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am searching for a Kafka Producer that is able to write to a Kafka
> Cluster with replication, so that there is no data lost when one broker is
> going down. This functionality has been added in Kafka 0.8 as far as I
> know. In the current (0.6) configuration we setup the Producer as a Perl
> Module inside a nginx web server to handle HTTP requests. I am trying to
> achieve a similar functionality, but with a Kafka-Cluster/ZooKeeper
> combination instead of a single Kafka server behind it.
>
> What would be the best way to achieve this? I haven't found a Perl Module
> that can talk to a Kafka/ZooKeeper configuration so far.
>
> Regards,
> Tobias

+
Guy Doulberg 2012-12-20, 07:00