Kafka >> mail # user >> are topics and partitions dynamic?

Re: are topics and partitions dynamic?
In Kafka 0.7, topics and partitions are dynamic in the sense that a
partition is created when the broker receives the first message for that
partition.
In Kafka 0.8, there are 2 ways of creating a new topic -
1. Turn on auto.create.topics.enable option on the broker. When the broker
receives the first message for a new topic, it creates that topic with
num.partitions and default.replication.factor.
2. Use the admin command bin/kafka-create-topic.sh

Thanks,
Neha