Kafka >> mail # dev >> Re: About kafka 0.8 producer zookeeper-based load balancing on per-request basis

Re: About kafka 0.8 producer zookeeper-based load balancing on per-request basis
Basically, we spread partitions among multiple brokers. If a message is
sent without a key, the producer picks a random partition to balance the
load. If a message has a key, the default partitioner hashes the key to one
of the partitions deterministically. Then, the load may not always be
balanced.

Thanks,

Jun

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM, Jun Guo -X (jungu - CIIC at Cisco) <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> We know, in kafka 0.8, producer connect to broker directly, it without
> connecting to zookeeper. Than how it achieve zookeeper-based load balance
> on per-request basis?
> Actually, when a topic be created, its partition will distributed in one
> or more brokers. When a message be sent, it will be delivered to a certain
> partition according to its key word. That is to say ,a certain must be sent
> to a fixed partition on a fixed broker. How the so called load balancing
> works?
>
> Best Regards

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-01-15, 05:59