Kafka >> mail # dev >> Re: About kafka 0.8 producer zookeeper-based load balancing on per-request basis

Re: About kafka 0.8 producer zookeeper-based load balancing on per-request basis
Basically, we spread partitions among multiple brokers. If a message is
sent without a key, the producer picks a random partition to balance the
load. If a message has a key, the default partitioner hashes the key to one
of the partitions deterministically. Then, the load may not always be
balanced.

Thanks,

Jun