Kafka, mail # dev - Re: Random Partitioning Issue - 2013-09-27, 16:24

Re: Random Partitioning Issue
Jun, can we hold this extra change over for 0.8.1 and just go with
reverting where we were before for the default with a new partition for
meta refresh and support both?

I am not sure I entirely understand why someone would need the extra
functionality you are talking about which sounds cool though... adding it
to the API (especially now) without people using it may just make folks ask
more questions and maybe not use it ... IDK ... but in any case we can work
on buttoning up 0.8 and shipping just the change for two partitioners
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1067 and circling back if we
wanted on this extra item (including the discussion) to 0.8.1 or greater?
 I am always of the mind of reduce complexity unless that complexity is in
fact better than not having it.