Kafka, mail # user - Re: Copy availability when broker goes down? - 2013-03-04, 18:15

Chris Curtin 2013-03-04, 16:33
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-04, 17:32
Re: Copy availability when broker goes down?
Chris,

As Neha said, the 1st copy of a partition is the preferred replica and we
try to spread them evenly across the brokers. When a broker is restarted,
we don't automatically move the leader back to the preferred replica
though. You will have to run a command line
tool PreferredReplicaLeaderElectionCommand to balance the leaders again.

Also, I recommend that you try the latest code in 0.8. A bunch of issues
have been fixes since Jan. You will have to wipe out all your ZK and Kafka
data first though.

Thanks,

Jun