Kafka, mail # user - Re: How to get topic offset infornation - 2013-04-30, 14:52

Snehalata Nagaje 2013-04-30, 10:44
Neha Narkhede 2013-04-30, 14:44
Re: How to get topic offset infornation
Hi Neha,

I want to get largest and earliest offset available in topic, to check how
many messages are consumed by client.

I do not want to set auto.commit.enable to true. So that I can client API
which is connecting to cluster will have better control over offset.

And also is there any way I can fetch messages from kafka(in cluster mode)
from particular offset?

From: "Neha Narkhede" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:14 PM
Subject: Re: How to get topic offset infornation

This e-mail may contain Privileged/Confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Please notify the sender, if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete it from your system. Information in this message that does not relate to the official business of the company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Visit us at http://www.harbingergroup.com/

Neha Narkhede 2013-04-30, 16:23