Kafka >> mail # user >> 0.8.0 HEAD 3/4/2013 performance jump?

+
Chris Curtin 2013-03-04, 20:01
Re: 0.8.0 HEAD 3/4/2013 performance jump?
Since end of January, we've mostly fixed bugs on the server side, nothing
particularly targeted towards producer performance. But it is not related
to removing/keeping zookeeper and local log data.

Thanks,
Neha
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Chris Curtin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm definitely not complaining, but after upgrading to HEAD today my
> producers are running much, much faster.
>
> Don't have any measurements, but last release I was able to tab windows to
> stop a Broker before I could generate 500 partitioned messages. Now it
> completes before I can get the Broker shutdown!
>
> Anything in particular you guys fixed?
>
> (I did remove all the files on disk per the email thread last week and
> reset the ZooKeeper meta, but that shouldn't matter right?)
>
> Very impressive!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

+