Kafka, mail # user - Kafka cluster with lots of topics

+
Joe Freeman 2013-11-13, 12:49
Re: Kafka cluster with lots of topics
Neha Narkhede 2013-11-13, 14:42
At those many topics, zookeeper will be the main bottleneck. Leader
election process will take very long increasing the unavailability window
of the cluster.

Thanks,
Neha
On Nov 13, 2013 4:49 AM, "Joe Freeman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Would I be correct in assuming that a Kafka cluster won't scale well to
> support lots (tens of millions) of topics? If I understand correctly, a
> node being added or removed would involve a leader election for each topic,
> which is a relatively expensive operation?

+
hsy541@...> 2013-11-13, 19:50
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-11-13, 22:55