Kafka >> mail # dev >> preparing for the 0.8 final release

Re: preparing for the 0.8 final release
The latest HEAD does seem to solve one issue, where a new topic being
created after the consumer is started, would not be consumed.

But the bigger issue is that we have a couple different consumers both
consuming the same set of topics (under different groupids), and hanging
after a while (both hanging at about the same point).  The topics in each
case are selected with a filter (actually a relatively large number of
topics, some of which are newly created over time).  I'm still not sure
whether the new version is solving this issue (since it was a rare
transient thing anyway).

Thanks,

Jason