Kafka >> mail # user >> produce / consume json to kafka

Re: produce / consume json to kafka
A json payload can be seen from several perspectives:

- as some kind of object (e.g. jackson  JSonNode)
- as a string
- a byte array

Imho all depends on what "perspective" you are using.

Assuming that you are not working directly with byte arrays (in this case
you could write a simple Byte array encoder / decoder) you can create

- a String encoder / decoder (I don't remember if kafka dist already has
this)
- a little bit more complex Json encoder / decoder that handles the
serialization (byte array to object and viceversa) behind the scenes.

Best,
Andrea