Kafka >> mail # user >> Partition Balancing

Re: Partition Balancing
This means it's not recommended to spread a cluster of brokers over more
than one data center? Are there specific timing or performance issues
related to this?
> Intra-cluster replication support is not recommended for an inter-DC set
up. You can instead set up a mirror of a cluster in another DC.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+mirroring+%28MirrorMaker%29