Kafka >> mail # user >> How does number of partitions affect sequential disk IO

Re: How does number of partitions affect sequential disk IO
Good point. We've only got two disks per node and two topics so I was planning to have one disk/partition.

Our workload is very write heavy so I'm mostly concerned about write throughput. Will we get write speed improvements by sticking to 1 partition/disk or will the difference between 1 and 3 partitions/node be negligible?