Kafka >> mail # user >> Hardware profile

+
Ian Friedman 2013-03-29, 15:33
+
Jun Rao 2013-03-29, 16:44
Re: Hardware profile
Thanks Jun. Couple more questions:
1. Do you guys have dedicated hardware for Zookeeper or do you have a few machines run both a ZK and a broker? If so, do you keep the ZK and Kafka data on separate volumes?
2. You use the 14 drive raid setup is just for Kafka data and a separate drive for the OS?

Thanks again,
Ian
On Friday, March 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Jun Rao wrote:

> It's more or less the same. Our new server has 14 sata disks, each of 1 TB.
> The disk also has better write latency due to larger write cache.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
>
> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM, Ian Friedman <[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm wondering how up to date the hardware specs listed on this page are:
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Operations
> >
> > We're evaluating hardware for a Kafka broker/ZK quorum buildout and
> > looking for some tips and/or sample configurations if anyone can help us
> > out with some recommendations.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Ian

+