Kafka, mail # user - Scenarios of Hadoop producers and consumers

+
Hussein Baghdadi 2012-10-30, 23:28
Re: Scenarios of Hadoop producers and consumers
Michal Haris 2012-10-31, 00:40
When you need your data streams to be incrementally loaded into hadoop for
offline batch processing and/or ad-hoc querying - some things cannot (or
are expensive to) be computed in real-time. So you have a hadoop job that
consumes kafka stream, potentially formats the data and saves into hdfs.

--
Michal Haris
Software Engineer

www.visualdna.com | t: +44 (0) 207 734 7033