Hadoop, mail # general - Status of 2.0.4-alpha release

Status of 2.0.4-alpha release
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-03, 22:29
Hi!

Thanks to the tireless work of the Bigtop and Hadoop committers
we've made quite a bit of progress on 2.0.4-alpha. The build
pipeline that we've setup seems to be rather nice (and perhaps
could be utilized for all future releases of Hadoop). The first
stage of the pipeline is available here:
    https://builds.apache.org/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-branch-2.0.4/
and the second one over here:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Bigtop-trunk/job/Bigtop-trunk-Hadoop/

Anybody who's interested in helping with a release is more than
welcome to get either tarballs or packages from these 2 jobs.

As far as testing is concerned we're now completely unblocked
for both unsecure and fully kerberized testing modes and Bigtop
is proceeding with the rest of the testing process. We've got
4 unit test failures left:
    https://builds.apache.org/view/Hadoop/job/Hadoop-branch-2.0.4/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
which I'm going to file JIRAs for.

Given that I don't see any current showstoppers in ASF JIRA
and hoping that the rest of Bigtop testing doesn't discover
anything major do you guys think we can release sometime
next week?

Thanks,
Roman.
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-04, 20:22
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-04-04, 20:53
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-04-04, 21:27
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-04, 21:30
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-04-04, 22:18
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-04-10, 01:33
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-04-10, 02:03
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-04-10, 02:26