Accumulo, mail # dev - Is C++ code still part of 1.5 release?

+
David Medinets 2013-05-13, 03:22
+
Christopher 2013-05-13, 03:45
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-13, 14:40
+
Christopher 2013-05-13, 15:08
+
David Medinets 2013-05-13, 21:29
+
Eric Newton 2013-05-14, 02:48
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 14:26
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-17, 14:49
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 15:53
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 18:04
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 18:31
+
Keith Turner 2013-05-17, 18:46
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 18:22
+
William Slacum 2013-05-17, 18:49
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 19:11
+
John Vines 2013-05-17, 19:17
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 19:35
+
John Vines 2013-05-17, 19:51
+
Michael Berman 2013-05-17, 20:00
+
Josh Elser 2013-05-17, 20:20
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-17, 21:12
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-05-17, 21:39
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-18, 02:11
+
Christopher 2013-05-18, 02:39
+
Dave Marion 2013-05-17, 22:01
+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 21:53
+
Drew Pierce 2013-05-17, 21:42
Michael Allen 2013-05-17, 21:19
Just a quick weigh in here:

As a user of open source software, I have no expectation that a file called
"-bin" have zero source code in it.  What I expect is that I should be able
to download a thing called "-bin", untar it and run it without having to do
a compile.  To make it run *fast*, I would expect to do "something else"
where that might be compiling something or configuring something.  I would
*not* expect that a *common* way to make something run fast be included in
something *else* that I have to download.  That just makes me think that
the people that put this "-bin" together for me wanted me to jump through
extra hoops to make it run right.

To William's point about seeing a Makefile and thinking I have to build
something to make it work: I don't think the Makefile is at the top level
directory, right?  Given that, I might never see it unless I go poking
around for it (or find instructions that direct me to it).

- Mike

+
Christopher 2013-05-17, 21:39
+