HBase >> mail # user >> Why is this region compacting?

Re: Why is this region compacting?
Strange.

Few questions then.
1) What is your hadoop version?
2) Is the clock on all your severs synched with NTP?
3) What is you table definition? Bloom filters, etc.?

This is the reason why it keep compacting:

2013-09-24 10:04:00,548 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.compactions.CompactSelection:
Deleting the expired store file by compaction:
hdfs://hdpmgr001.pse.movenetworks.com:8020/hbase/compound3/5ab5fdfcf2aff2633e1d6d5089c96aa2/d/7426f128469242ec8ee09f3965fd5a1a
whose maxTimeStamp is -1 while the max expired timestamp is
1371398640548

maxTimeStamp = -1
Each time there is a comparison between maxTimeStamp for this store file
and the configured maxExpiredTimeStamp and since maxTimeStamp returns -1,
it's always elected for a compaction. Now, we need to find why...

JM