MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Doubt about map reduce version 2

Doubt about map reduce version 2
Hello Friends,

         I am working to propose some improved hadoop scheduling algorithm
or speculative execution algorithim as part of my Phd research work.  Now,
the new version of hadoop, YARN/MR v2, is available.

I have the following doubts:

So, the algorithms (particularly scheduling and speculation
algorithms) proposed for old hadoop version are applicable for new version
of hadoop (YARN) or not.

Is it worth and usefull to propose an algorithm for old hadoop version now?

Is the user community can support and discuss the issues releted to old
version?

Thanks in Advance.

*Regards*
*S.Suresh,*