Hive >> mail # user >> Mapping HBase table in Hive

Re: Mapping HBase table in Hive
Thanks Bejoy,

Seems it worked, in the mapping of the column family I used ":key" and
that's it, in addition as per some articles there should be no spaces in
mapping, below is the create table sample:

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE hbase_orders(id bigint, value bigint, date_lastchange
> string, date_inserted string) STORED BY
> 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler' WITH SERDEPROPERTIES
> ("hbase.columns.mapping" > ":key,date_inserted:bigint,date_lastchange:string,value:string")
> TBLPROPERTIES ("hbase.table.name" = "orders");

Thanks.
--
Ibrahim