Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Possible Length issue

Possible Length issue
Hi,

I've been working a lot with the Hadoop NameNode IPC protocol (while
building a cache layer on top of Hadoop). I've noticed that for request
packets coming from the default DFS client that do not have a method name,
the length field is often *completely *off.

For example, I've been looking at packets with length 1752330339. I thought
this might have been an issue with my cache layer, so I checked with
Wireshark, and found packets with such absurd length parameters (obviously,
the packets themselves weren't actually that long; the length field was
misrepresented).

Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to test this issue on other
machines and setups (the reproducing steps should be running an "ls /" with
the default DFS client and sniffing the packets to find the length
parameter, release 1.2.1).

Is this normal behavior, a bug or something I'm missing?

Thank you,

Dhaivat
+
Dhaivat Pandya 2013-12-29, 21:03